Here are the guidelines for this inaugural “one-book-only book club”:
1) Starting on January 2, 2014, we’ll read 100 pages of The Whole Clove Diet a week (or so) as a jumping off point for our discussions. You can ask me any questions you want to, and add your own thoughts about what you’ve read. I’ll talk about why I chose to tell Rita’s story the way I did
2) If there are spoilers re: the plot of the novel in later blog posts, I’ll warn you.
3) You don’t have to read the book to participate in this discussion — as long as you don’t stray too far off topic!
4) All comments are vetted by me before they are posted, so if you are trying to sell something, forget it.
5) This isn’t a diet support network. It doesn’t matter if you are or are not sticking to some food-related new year’s resolution. We’re only talking about unhealthy weight. We’re not trying to do anything about getting rid of it. (You may be doing that on your own, but we’re not here. There are lots of other places to go to for support.)